John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother HL4150CDN quick recognizing all printer cartridges.

Customer Question

Brother HL4150CDN quick recognizing all printer cartridges. The drum is less than 2 months old, the toner cartridges are installed correctly, they are not empty, they are genuine, do not suggest these as answers- already tried
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please let me know the full error or message?

Also, if you had tried anything else, please let me know, so I won't repeat.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer stops printing, says no toner...( There is Toner.) If I take out the toner cartridge (Black) and shake it, clean the corona wire, re-start the printer, it will print out 1 page... than say ! No Toner.... It is a genuine Brother Toner cartridge, The Drum is less than a month old. If I keep attempting to print it will tell me that there is NO toner in ANY of the Cartridges. If I pull them out, put them back in, clean the wires, it will print 1 page, then tell me I have NO Toner (Black) It will print a page before telling me !NO TONER
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Are the toner cartridges refilled? Is the drum a Brother drum?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Cartridges are full- NOT Refillable- OEM Cartridges, Genuine Brother. YES the Drum IS a Brother Drum
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Is the black toner low? A low cartridge will cause this problem until it is replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I already told you: The Black Toner cartridge is full (?Maybe it's Defective?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Telling you again...
YES the Cartridges are full- NOT Refillable- OEM Cartridges
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize I was working with someone else before who had the same problem but had been using the cartridge for months and got the two questions confused. Was the old cartridge completely empty? If it was not, do you still have it? We could test with that to find out if the new one is defective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the old cartridge was completely empty
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Darn, unfortunately it is possible the new one is defective but the only way to find out is to try another good cartridge. Some stores will let you exchange the cartridge if you explain what is happening. Thousands are made at a time so every once in a while a defective one does get out. Otherwise this is normally caused by the drum but you said that is new. Did you replace it at the same time as the toner? If you did the drum could be what is defective and not the toner. If you replaced them at the same time and have the old drum, try the new toner with the old drum. If it gives the same toner error, the toner is most likely defective. If it does not give the toner error it means the drum is the cause, even if the original drum problem like lines down the page is present it would still indicate the new drum as the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No- The new drum was replaced a couple of weeks before the toner and is working fine
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok then the toner is most likely the cause as I mentioned before. But the only way to test it would be with another toner cartridge.