John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have wf2650. How to reset router password to reconnect to

Customer Question

have wf2650. How to reset router password ***** reconnect to router? Tried using wi-fi setup wizard but new password *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new router?

Do you know how to check / confirm your wi-fi/wireless password/key/passphrase (it is case-sensitive)?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I initially connected printer and had no trouble. But I reset my router's password ***** reconnected my computers and laptops, etc. --no problem with those. But the printer does not take the new password ***** I use wi-fi setup wizard.
Netgear router .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7

What's the model of your netgear router?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
netgearwnr2000v2

I think we need to adjust the router's settings to make it compatible with the printer. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Typing is fine. I do not want to reset router. Problem is not with router. All I did was change the password--- which the printer does not accept. How about if I dump out the printer's software from my computer and reload software via the printers cd?

No, we are not resetting the router; we just need to adjust a setting on the router. Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Otherwise, I will provide written instructions. Can you log in the netgear router now?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Provide written instructions. I am logged into router. What setting do you wish to change in router and will it affect the connections to my other units?

No, it will not affect. Now, go to the Wireless settings, then let me know the the Security options available there, and let me know what security option is currently selected, and and also note wireless network name (SSID) and your wireless passphrase, i.e., make sure u did select that network name on the printer and it was the exact password ***** entered previously on the printer (it is case-sensitive.) Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
selected:
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
available:
Security Options
None
WEP
WPA-PSK [TKIP]
WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

Please note the SSID (network name) and Passphrase. Did you enter those two exactly on the printer (password ***** *****)? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course.

Sorry, that is strange. Please disconnect power cords from netgear and printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on, then on printer, go to the network, etc. option to reset network settings, or something similar, then try Wi-Fi Setup wizard again on the printer. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried that twice. Way ahead of you.

Sorry, I did not know what you have tried, so I'm just giving out any possible fix I can think of.

Is there any special character in your SSID or in your wireless password? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the SSID, yes, but its always been there- a dash.
but not in the password.

Is there any issue enter the password ***** the printer? Please see instructions / illustrations at

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=252862&prodoid=63099731&foid=273360&cat=237989&subcat=238002

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, already looked at and followed the instructions. It just fails after entering password.

Sorry, do you happens to have a USB cable? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the usb cable for?

For temporarily connecting the printer to the computer then applying the wireless information to the printer through the computer. Otherwise, you can test disabling password ***** router, and check, then try again with another password. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see an usb port on the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a cable to match handy. will have to dig to find it or go buy a cable tomorrow. Give me detailed instructions via email and I will try later tomorrow. Do not charge my credit card until I have confirmed it worked.

It's faster with testing without the password. The deposit is always refundable if you are not satisfied at the end; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please go to Control Panel, and uninstall all the Epson programs

, then restart the computer, then download and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package at the Epson website below:

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=252862&prodoid=63099731&infoType=Downloads

Video instructions.

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=252862&void=265602

Please let me know tomorrow. Thank you.