John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

XP-610 I'm running OSX 10.11.1 and can't find how to change

Customer Question

XP-610 I'm running OSX 10.11.1 and can't find how to change the paper source from cassette 2 to cassette 1. Can you help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously (on this OS X version 10.11 or on a previous version?

Did you download / install the latest printer driver previously for your printer on this computer at the Epson website below?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=227223&infoType=Downloads

And do you mean when you click on File -> Print, then at the print / dialog window, you select Print Settings, but it does not show the Paper Source option like at the website below:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39346/Source/Printers/Source/Printing_Software/Mac_FY13/Tasks/selecting_basic_mac_fy13.html

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive downloaded and installed the Epson printer driver but I still don't see the option for paper source when trying to print a word document.
  1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears and confirm yes.

After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.

3. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left to add back the printer

4. Then check printing. At the print dialog window, check all options in the list and sub-options.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done as you suggest and reinstalled the printer. I still can't select feed from cassette 1 although it gives the option under media and quality to be able to select photo tray but when I print the feed still comes from cassette 2
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the printing options in the application from which you are printing? What is your application?

Expert:  Wayde Alfarone replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is*****'m a 30 year veteran in electrical engineering and system design. I believe I can help.

When you set up the XP610 there are two of them show up in "printer and scanners" in your System Preferences. The first option is for, Epson XP-610 Series, which is for wi-fi with limited setting options, the second one is, Epson XP-610 Series 2,this is for the hard-wired printer with more settings options. Click on the second one (series 2), open "options and supplies," click on "options" and set "automatic cassette switching" to "ON." then when you want to print a document or photo, you can choose the paper size in "Page Setup."