Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My printer will not print - It tells me there is no paper

Customer Question

My printer will not print - It tells me there is no paper and then a yellow light appears under a triangle with a zig-zag line inside
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time; But, your phone call request is available for other Experts in this category to pick up on.)

It sounds as if you have a paper jam. The kind that crumples paper is caused by a misfeed through paper pickup or paper feed rollers.

First remove paper from the machine and see if there's an obstruction in the path the paper takes through the machine, by pushing a sheet of shirt cardboard into the machine a little farther than where the paper stops and feeling for obstructions that way.

After that, try cleaning the rollers in the area where the problem occurs:

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.