VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

The window on my e7700 Ricoh printer is showing Resetting

Customer Question

The window on my e7700 Ricoh printer is showing Resetting Job. What does this mean and how can I get the printer back to normal state.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry of the issue. Please do this to recover from the error:

Canceling a Print Job

Follow the procedure below to cancel a print job if the message prompting form feed appears.

1. Press the [Printer] key.

The Printer screen appears.

2. Press [Job Reset] or the [Clear/Stop] key.

Delete the stored print jobs, and then cancel form feed.

3. Press [Reset the Job] to cancel the current print job, or [Reset All Jobs] to cancel all jobs.

A confirmation message appears.

4. Press [Yes] to cancel the print job.

Press [No] to return to the previous display.

Chime in and let me know of your results.....

• To resume printing print jobs, press [Resume Printing].

• If the machine is shared by multiple computers, be careful not to accidentally cancel someone else's print jobs.

• Under Windows, if the machine is connected to the computer using a parallel cable, sent print jobs may be canceled if [Reset All Jobs] is pressed while "Waiting for print data..." is on the control panel. After the interval set in [I/O Timeout] in Printer Features has passed, the next print job can be sent. A print job sent from a different client computer will not be canceled in this case.

• You cannot stop printing data that has already been processed. For this reason, printing may continue for a few pages after you press [Job Reset] or the [Clear/Stop] key.

• A print job containing a large volume of data may take considerable time to stop.