Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Purchased a new Mac Minni and hooked it up to my good old

Customer Question

Purchased a new Mac Minni and hooked it up to my good old Cannon PRINTER MODEL # ***** My problem simply is that when I ask it to PRINT in LANDSCAPE it insists on printing in PORTRAITt?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Probably the problem is, that you have not installed the proper and exactly fitting manufacturer-provided printer driver for your Canon printer, and appropriate for the MAC OS X version on your Mac Mini.

(It's also possible that you need to enable LANDSCAPE printing in the printer's driver setting not just in the program or application or app you are printing from.)

So please tell me:

- what MAC OS X version is on the computer?

- what model # ***** ***** Canon printer? (what you gave is probably a serial number.)

With that information, I can instruct you more exactly.