Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a HP 920 black ink that will not print in my

Customer Question

I have a HP 920 black ink that will not print in my officejet 6000 printer.. I'm a bit teck-tarted so hope you have a simple solution. I have replaced the ink to no avail.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Please print a page with both black and color like this one. Let me know what comes out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, remember I don't know anything about a computer... up grated to windows 10, now don't know how to print.. what icon do I press?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

No problem if you get stuck just let me know. It should have a little printer symbol if you do not see that on your keyboard hold down the CTRL key and while holding it down tap P. That should force the print dialogue to open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I worked! Freddy, Dark ink does not seem dark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to clean something in the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Freddy, what happened to you? Often print Cooking Light recipes and find they do not print in black, that is the part I want printed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay. So to clarify everything that came out on this page was dull/faded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

What version of windows or mac is on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just up grated to windows 10. The computer is a hp 2009m if that means anything?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

In the box that says either search web and windows or ask me anything on the bottom right corner, type in HP solution.

Does it list something called HP solution center?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Freddy, But don't know what your asking?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is ok we can try doing it by hand instead.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed, that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
Let me know the results either way please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It really weird, did all you said. Went to what I wanted printed and still not printing all the paper. Ink still looks grey not black.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Did it get slightly better at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Freddy, Wish you were my next door neighbor, but I have to leave this and get other things done today. Thanks for your help.xxxooo
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok well when you want to continue you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top. You may want to try repeating the cleaning a couple times. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.