Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a Brother HL-2240 laser printer which was working

Customer Question

Good evening, I have a Brother HL-2240 laser printer which was working just fine, but ever since my daughter used it last night to print out some papers for school, I haven't been able to print anything myself. The message goes thru from my computer to the printer but it isn't printing anything onto the paper- it comes out blank. I tried to open the printer up and checked to see if the main cartridge (TN-450) was inserted properly and there was no paper jam or anything, everything looks fine as far as I can see. However, when I pulled out the paper tray this morning I saw a loose ink cartridge (HP 564 XL, color black) laying on top of it...Not sure how it got there or how/if it fell out from somewhere (my daughter feigned ignorance about any printer malfunction), which may explain why nothing was being printed. But I have already turned the printer inside out and opened every door/hinge/moveable plastic thingamajig, and I can't for the life of me figure out where that little ink cartridge goes. Can you please help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

The HP 564 XL ink cartridge is not part of your Brother HL-2240 laser printer and should not be fitted anywhere in it!

Your laser printer does not use ink cartridges, it uses toner.