John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Pixma MG 2965 Cant get it to connect to wifi - I have tried

Customer Question

Pixma MG 2965 Cant get it to connect to wifi - I have tried manual setup but it still is not working.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your canon printer.

what is the operating system on the computer on which you are trying to install the printer.

you are trying to install the printer on usb or wireless.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Windows 8.1 a laptop computer with a Telstra broadband wifi - printer cannot be detected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is wireless but I have tried to set up using a sub temporary connection but that won't do it either
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

how old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it yesterday
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

have you tried to install it on usb if not wireless supporting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it shows offline and will not print
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

NO FEE if NO RESOLUTION

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($22). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that but I have someone coming to assist me
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you have posted the question with us and i am trying to solve it and give you options to opt for additional service however if you do not want to contine with additional offer that is absolutely fine. We can still continue this chat and i will give you steps to follow and make the printer work on wifi. Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your offer was truly appreciated can you please instruct me
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

we have to make sure that we are connecting the usb cable to the printer and the computer is compatible with the printer.

unplug and replug the usb cable fromt the printer end and the computer end too.

Windows must detect the printer as soon as you connect the printer to the computer if not then unplug the usb from the computer side and try to connect it to another usb port on the comuter.

Printer has only 1 usb port however comuter has many ports so you have to check all the ports one by one on which the printer gets detected.