John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Dimage Z3 that powers up with the electrical cord,

Customer Question

I have a Dimage Z3 that powers up with the electrical cord, but wont with batteries. I haven't used it for some time and there was a bit of corrosion on the terminals that I took off with vinegar. Is ther a repair for this condition?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Josh C replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! I see you have tried to clean the battery contacts, was there any notable corrosion on them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a small amount of corrosion on the contacts on the battery cover
Expert:  Josh C replied 1 year ago.

Nothing major, such as batteries that were left in for an extended period that may have leaked or burst?

Expert:  Josh C replied 1 year ago.

If there was no major corrosion, the terminals may need a bit more than vinegar. If a pencil eraser is actually one of the best things you can use to clean those contacts. if it still does not work, there is a possibility that the solder joints on the back side of the battery terminals have corroded or broken. if this is the case, it would require dis-assembly and repair. As this is only a 4MP camera, this might not be too cost effective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K