VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have indentions to the paper when i print on my Brother

Customer Question

I have indentions to the paper when i print on my Brother MFC 9330
every page has this issue
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of this issue. I am happy to assist you in resolving it. Please do the following:

1. Open the back cover.

NOTE: After you have just used the machine, some internal parts of the machine will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before you touch the internal parts of the machine.

2. Pull the green tabs at the left and right sides toward you and fold down the fuser cover.

3. Check in between the two fuser rollers and see if you see any damage to the rollers or if there is any paper stuck. If you find a paper stuck, very carefully remove it.

NOTE: When removing stuck paper from in between fuser rollers be careful as the area or the rollers might be extremely hot if the machine has just been recently used.

4. Close the fuser cover.

5. Verify that the gray levers on the back of the machine are in Position A.

NOTE: The gray levers should only be in Envelope position if you are printing envelopes.

6. Print the document you were printing. If problem continues, continue to next step.

7. Check that paper is loaded into the paper tray correctly.

a. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine and remove the paper from the paper tray.

b. While pressing the green paper-guide release lever in the back of the paper tray, slide the paper guide to fit the paper size. Adjust both the right and rear paper guides. Make sure that the guides are firmly in the slots. Make sure the paper guides touch the sides of the paper so it will feed properly.

c. Put paper in the paper tray. The side to be printed on must be face down. Make sure that the paper is flat in the tray and below the maximum paper mark. The maximum paper mark is located on the right paper guide and marked with 3 red down arrows.

d. If the machine is used infrequently, turn over the stack of paper in the paper tray. Also, try rotating the paper 180 degrees in the paper tray.

NOTE: The tray can hold up to 250 sheets of 20 lb paper. Paper with a weight of 16 to 28 lbs can be used in the tray. Paper from 29 to 43 lbs, labels, and envelopes should be loaded in the manual feed slot.

e. Put the paper tray firmly back into the machine.

8. Check that the paper used meets the Media Type setting in the printer driver.

Macintosh Users:

a. From an application, such as Apple TextEdit, click the File menu, and then select Print.

b. Select Brother MFC-XXXX (where XXXX is your model name).

NOTE:

(For Mac OS X v10.6.8)

For more page setup options, click the disclosure triangle beside the Printer pop-up menu.

(For OS X v10.7.x, 10.8.x)

For more page setup options, click the Show Details button.

c. Choose Print Settings from the application dropdown menu.

d. From the Media Type dropdown, select the type of media that matches the paper that you are using.

NOTE: After you have adjusted the settings, you may save them as an easily accessible preset for future use. Refer to:"How do I save the printer driver settings as a preset in Macintosh OS X?"

e. Click Print.

Windows Users:

a. Open the Printer Folder.

NOTE: For instructions refer to: "How do I open the Printers folder in Windows?"

b. Right-click on the Brother printer driver and left-click on Printing Preferences.

c. From the Media Type dropdown, select the type of media that matches the paper that you are using.

d. Click Apply => OK. All subsequent print jobs will use these settings.

9. Try using new paper from a fresh ream.

10. Make sure the paper or media type you are printing on is within specification. Below is the media type supported by the machine.

NOTE: When printing in duplex machine can only print paper that is between 20 - 28 lb. If the media being used is over 28lb it will cause paper jams.

Recommended Paper

Plain Paper: Xerox 4200 20lb or Hammer mill Laser Print 24 lb (90g/m2)

Recycled Paper: No specific brand recommended

Labels: Avery Laser Labels white #5160

Envelope: No specific brand recommended

Glossy Paper: NewPage Future Laser Gloss 80lb (118 g/m2) or Xerox Digital color Elite Gloss

*The machine supports paper up to 43 lb bond paper. Some glossy papers that are 80 lb may be "TAG" Transformation Paper Type which is equivalent to 38 lb bond paper.

Media Type and Capacity by Tray

Plain Paper (20 to 28 lb or 75g/m2 to 105g/m2): Can be printed from Tray 1, Manual Feed Slot or Duplex

Recycled Paper: Can be printed from Tray 1, Manual Feed Slot, or Duplex

Bond Paper (16 to 43 lb or 60g/m2 to 163g/m2): Manual Feed Slot

Thin Paper (16 to 20 lb or 60g/m2 to 75g/m2): Can be printed from Tray 1, Manual Feed Slot or Duplex

Thick Paper (28 to 43 lb or 105g/m2 to 163g/m2): Manual Feed Slot only

Labels: Manual Feed Slot Only

Envelopes: Manual Feed Slot Only

Glossy Paper (16 to 43 lb or 60g/m2 to 163g/m2): Manual Feed Slot Only, Duplex*

* Only print in Duplex if Glossy paper is between 16lb to 28lb.

The paper cannot be damaged. Damage includes, but is not limited to tears, creases and holes. This includes paper with pre-punched holes for binding.

- If the media does not meet one or more of the requirements, then the media is not supported for printing on this machine and will need to be replaced by media that is supported before the automatic duplex feature can be used.

If it did not come through clearly, please use this link:

http://www.brother-usa.com/FAQs/Solution.aspx?FAQID=200000040861&ProductID=MFC9130CW&Keyword=

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the black roller touching the orange roller, looks to have damage to it
it has silver showing and looks like the black casing the roller is in is damaged where the printing issue is

Ok. What is the closest major city nearest you??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wichita, ks

Ok, you will need to get your printer serviced. Please take it to one of the following Authorized Dealers:

PROTECH SERVICE *****
CHURCHVILLE, NY 14428

Distance: 20 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

VITEC SOLUTIONS LLC *****SUITE 4104
ELMA, NY 14059

Distance: 25 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

TRUST TECHNOLOGY *****SUITE 20
ROCHESTER, NY 14624

Distance: 25 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

RX TONER SPECIALISTS INC
201 SCOTTSVILLE WEST HENRIETTA RD
WEST HENRIETTA, NY 14586

Distance: 26 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

DUALEX OFFICE PRODUCTS *****
BUFFALO, NY 14227

Distance: 29 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

LASER SOURCE
SUITE 112 FAIRPORT VILLAGE LANDING
FAIRPORT, NY 14450

Distance: 39 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

NATES TYPEWRITER & COMPUTERS INC. *****
NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14301

Distance: 43 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

PRO-TEC IMAGING INC
7280 VERSAILLES PLANK RD
DERBY, NY 14047

Distance: 45 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Click here for Map

Lastly, please consider a Positive Rating for the Service Received.