Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My printer wont load the paper but will if i do the plate

Customer Question

my printer wont load the paper but will if i do the plate cleaning or the roller cleaning but anything else wont load the paper, its like when the ink cart. is engaged
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I will be glad to help with the issue.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Over time, the rollers become worn and can either be replaced or a new printer must be purchased.

If the printer is under warranty, you can have the parts replaced. Otherwise, the cost to repair the rollers might be about the same as a new printer.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if the printer is under warranty first. If not, the rollers are too worn to pick up paper properly and eventually loose the traction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont believe its the rollers i watch whats going on, when i hit clean the plate or clean the rollers it loads the paper fine but if i try anything else the paper just sits there, all the rollers are working, only thing that its not doing is the back door that pushes the paper forward so it can load doesnt move, but works fine in the clean plate or roller clean,
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean that it works after you clean the rollers for a while or continuously?

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

That might be an issue with a broken gear or motor not working properly.

It's hard to tell unless you get a printer service technician to open up the printer and inspect the parts.

At that point, it will still cost about the same as a new printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it only works in toughs settings if i try printing or aligning the cart. as soon as i do anything that does with the ink cart. that back plate won't move. but does fine in the other setting, the paper feeds fine and that back plate move like its spouse to, until i try to use the ink cart. i already look at the rollers and they look like new. i keep it very clean. i tryed new cart. and updated everything i could fine on canon web site.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

I will open the question so other experts can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've taken the case apart and watched everything work.. and theres nothing broken, everything looks great shape, and again it works just fine when i dont try to use the ink cart, so i dont really think its mech. i think it could be a driver or something elec. could've i gotten a bad ink cart? the other one was old so i changed it with this new one, could it be bad, i haven't bought another one because there not cheap, but if u think that might be it, ill buy one
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What model printer is this?