Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Nx420, why does my printer only print red or not at all when

Customer Question

nx420, why does my printer only print red or not at all when I have ink and have cleaned the head after I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you print a nozzle check sheet and let me know, if you are getting all the colors on that sheet or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tryed that I do not get anything but sometimes a a red line, no pattern.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did you check the ink level ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
black is low but the othr colors are fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are you?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. As you are not getting the colors on the nozzle check pattern sheet, it means the problem is printer related and not in the computer. Now, it can happen due to severe printhead clogging and it cannot be solved by the normal printhead cleaning process, to solve this problem you have to flush the printhead and to do that, you have to use a printhead cleaning kit. You can get it from the link below or from any local computer store.

Please let me know, if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way to compensate for my time and effort.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epson-Stylus-NX420-Printhead-Cleaning-Kit-Everything-Included-483BUF-/141099115401

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

One more thing, if you have not used the printer for a long time then, you may have to replace the cartridges.