Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an xp-320 wireless printer. As I was printing a lot

Customer Question

I have an xp-320 wireless printer. As I was printing a lot of homework out, the printer stopped and on the screen says E-01on the top then below it, it says printer error. For details, see your documentation. Error code: 0xF1. I turned it off and started it again. same message on it. so I unplugged it, same message. Would you be able to assist me in getting it to print again
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Kevin.

How long have you had the printer for, and how much have you used it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in school I use it every day
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

How long have you had the printer - when was it purchased?

I was looking for an estimated page/print count. 100 pages, 2000 pages, etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have much money. I have already agreed to and paid $23.00. I just want to get back to studying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe 50 pages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it in september
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Nathan, do I rate you now?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for missing you,

when you send multiple replies, they get lost in the queue and I don't get any of them (not you're fault, just how the site/server works).

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No need to pay more, that is an optional call offer you're seeing.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately in this case though, there is nothing further you can really do yourself, which is why I was asking about the age.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use, but in your situation would be more likely just a manufacturing defect.

Epson printheads are not serviceable, and at this point the printer will need to be replaced. Since it is so new, you'll want to call up epson at ***-***-**** and file a warranty claim. They will replace the printer for you. You can also try taking it back to the retailer and see if they will exchange it for you.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.