Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Xerox phaser 8560mfp won't print in color. running windows 7

Customer Question

xerox phaser 8560mfp won't print in color. running windows 7 64bit
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

will it make a color copy directly from the printer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the "copier" function is working ok.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that makes it an issue with the computer

there should be a check box for "gray scale" when you go to print

make sure that is NOT checked

it might also be in the printer driver if you go to devices and printers and right click on the printer and select PRINTER PROPERTIES

there might also be an issue with it using a gray scale color map though its a lot less likely

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just downloaded a printer driver from xerox but I still can't print in color in spite of any settings I check or uncheck in the dialogue box(es). Are you familiar with this particular printer and this particular problem with it?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

if it can copy in color than it can print in color.

the copy function scans the image and then prints it. there is no real difference between that and the computer sending the image

what that says is the problem is on the computer side of it.

is it printing a picture completely but in gray or is it just leaving blank space wherever there would be color

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's printing the image in grayscale instead of color.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that would seem to be the issue

and again there should be a box somewhere in the print options or preferences that tells it to print gray scale.

it might have got auto set if it was low on color toner but you should still be able to find it and change it

i have an offer up to log in remotely to do it for you. if you want to accept that i can do it this afternoon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can see this isn't going anywhere useful. Thanks anyway....
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

this is what it looks like in acrobat reader. its a different printer but it has the same options

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you feel that way. But unless you can find that option for gray scale and tell me that it is not set to on than i have to think that is the most likely cause

if you cant find the option than i would be happy to log in and find it for you.