Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a Phtotosmart B210A Printer. AT first my printer was

Customer Question

Hi Bernie. I have a Phtotosmart B210A Printer. AT first my printer was not printing black. I cleaned the printer head and now I am keep getting "Ink System Failure". Can you help? Thanks. Diane
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan. Can you call me please?(###) ###-#### (Canada)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Nathan. Just wondering if you will call me? I have already cleaned the printer head. What does reset do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am going to bed now. To be honest I do not understand why I got an email, and not a phone call to keep our session going. Can you advise what is happening please, otherwise I will ask for my money back.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Diane, sorry I missed you last night.

Yes, I'm happy to call you, but that requires a different process. I've sent a phone support offer for you, which you must accept, and then we can talk by phone.

It is not an automatic function.