Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My Brother MFC-7326N prints and faxes but does not scan. It

Customer Question

My Brother MFC-7326N prints and faxes but does not scan. It is attached to my MacBookAir by USB cable.
Please help if you can.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and try scanning again.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue still persists, try scanning using Image capture. Follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the scanner is scanning but not to OCR.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Do you have Brother Control center installed in your computer?

May I know the scanning software you were using to scan pdf?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use Apple Preview to scan and I don't know where I would need to look for the Brother Control centre.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

In your applications, check if you have brother Control center listed. You cannot scan pdf with Apple preview. You need a different software like Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's not in applications and I do not have Acrobat pro - just Reader.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the link below, download and install the scanner driver, which includes control center.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=as_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc7362n_as&os=10006

After installing that, open Control center and try scan to pdf.

Thank you.

S H E F I N