Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a HP 8610 with some paper stuck in the top document

Customer Question

I have a HP 8610 with some paper stuck in the top document feeder. I can see the paper, but cannot pull it out -- most of the original paper was pulled out from the feeder end.... only a small bit is visable on the underside of the feeder tray -- will not budge with tweezers -- just breaks small pieces off.
Is there a way to open the document feeder and clear bits of paper in rollers??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You can't really opening it with much chance of getting it back together successfully, there are quite a few very tiny parts (rollers, gears, springs, etc) that are not very friendly to work on. Your best bet is to take a piece of heavy card stock or even a thin metal ruler, and try to push that through the feed path to dislodge the paper jam.