Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

When I turn the machine it says that there is a malfunction

Customer Question

When I turn the machine it says that there is a malfunction and to turn the machine off and back on again. There is also Y-PM on the screen.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The error message relates to the Y Pulse Motor. This one moves up and down (in a 'Y' plane as opposed to the 'X' plane of motion.)

Either the motion is not being directed, or it is not being detected, or perhaps it is not being interpreted correctly by the circuitry. So the machine needs repair, though I cannot state with any confidence as to what part precisely has failed to operate correctly.

(If you wish to try turning the machine Off again, try turning it Off, and unplugging it from the power too, for at least 2 hours or overnight, before trying it again.)

If you need any listings for Brother Authorized Service centers for this type of Brother machine, ones that are near or in your locale, just let me know your local zip code, or town/city and state. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please send me the nearest repair shop for my machine my area code is 46307 I live at I 65 and 231 thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

These service centers are listed - be sure to call before going to the listed address, since it may be closed down, or have moved elsewhere:

RIVERCREST SEW N VAC
13310 S CICERO AVE
CRESTWOOD, IL 60445

Distance: 25 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Click here for Map

FRIENDLY STITCHES SEW AND VAC INC
2135 W 63RD ST
DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60516

Distance: 41 miles

HARLEM AVE SEWING CTR
3906 N HARLEM AVE
CHICAGO, IL 60634

Distance: 43 miles

LINDA Z'S SEWING CENTER
1216 E CENTRAL ROAD
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL 60005

Distance: 55 miles

GOOD-N-CHEAP INC
631 LINCOLNWAY E
SOUTH BEND, IN 46601

Distance: 60 miles

I hope one of these still is open and in your region, and can help you. If none of them can, then let me know - there are others listed.

If (and when) this completes the case, please rate my Answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.