VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I am getting the message that my corona wire needs to be

Customer Question

I am getting the message that my corona wire needs to be cleaned, but, cleaning it did not help. I replaced the drum with a new one and am still getting the same message. The yellow Drum and red Error lights are flashing. Holding down the blue button below those lights does nothing. I have tried rebooting the printer and the computer.
Help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. Did you use this procedure Sir or Madam?

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2170w_all&faqid=faq00000208_021

Chime in and let me know ASAP...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What procedure?

Oh, sorry. Please use the link above or below....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the drum with a new one.

Did you do a Drum Reset?

HL PRINTER SERIES:

1.Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge. Wait 1 minute.
2.Replace the drum unit and toner cartridge into printer.
3.The Drum LED continues to blink if the drum counter was not reset when you replaced the drum. We need to reset this now!
4.Open the front cover of the printer
5.Press and hold down Go button for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up.
6.Once all 4 LEDs are lit, release the Go button
7.Close the front cover.
8.Your drum is now reset.

Or use this.

The Drum LED is still on or flashing after I replace the drum unit with a new one.

The Drum LED as shown below will continue to be on or flashing if the drum counter was not reset when you replace the drum unit with a new one.

Drum Life End Soon

To clear the LED indication, you need to reset the drum counter as instructed below.

If you want to clear the LED indications related to the toner replacement, click here to see how to clear the LED indications after you replaced the toner cartridge.

Please follow the steps below to reset the drum counter.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.

The Brother machine has separate consumables the toner cartridge and the drum unit. Verify you replace only the drum unit and not the toner cartridge. If you want to know their difference, refer to "What is the difference between the toner cartridge and the drum unit?"

Please reset the drum counter only when you replace the drum unit. If you reset the drum counter during the life of the drum unit currently being used, the remaining drum life will not be displayed accurately.

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.
  2. Open the front cover.
  3. To reset the drum counter, press and hold down Go for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up. Once all four LEDs are lit, release Go.
  4. Close the front cover.
  5. Make sure that the Drum LED is now off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did it.

Excellent!!!

Please consider a Positive Rating for the Service Received. Also, BONUSES are always welcome Sir or Madam.