Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a pixma mx882 printer and have had it in the box

Customer Question

I have a pixma mx882 printer and have had it in the box for a while. I started to set it up today and when I perform the automatic head alignment all I get is an error message that it has failed and repeat the process. When I do repeat the process i get the same results and nothing is printing. What can i do to fix this?
Anthony
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the full and exact error message displayed on the MX882 printer, please?

If this model allows it, and if it would be proper to try, you might perhaps be able to get the printer working by doing a Manual Alignment instead.

But in all likelihood, if you are doing the procedure of setup according to instructions, and have not changed or substituted anything (most especially, the cartridges used) then you have a printer with a defect, from the store, which should in all likelihood be returned as defective, promptly, before the return-exchange period runs out, for exchange for another of equal or equivalent value and capabilities.