Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Cannot install ink cartridges

Customer Question

cannot install ink cartridges
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Remove the orange protective cap located on the bottom of the ink tank by twisting as shown in the diagram.

Note: - Do not touch the ink tank contact <1>. Doing so may occur printing problems. Do not squeeze the side of ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out. Do not reattach the protective cap once you have removed it.

Insert ink tanks into the print head.

(1) Insert the ink tank into the Print Head.

(2) Press on the 'PUSH' mark on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.

(3) Ensure that the ink tank lamp lights red.

Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.

- On: The printer is ready to print.

- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.

- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.

- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.

10. Close the top cover.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Thank you.