John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My camera M627 stopped formatting my card,even the new one I

Customer Question

My camera M627 stopped formatting my card,even the new one I purchased
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

• Verify the memory card is fully inserted into the camera, and has clicked into place properly.
  • Verify that the card is compatible with the camera.
  • Test with more than one memory card if possible.
  • Verify that the memory card in the camera is recognized when inserted in other products.
  • Verify that the card is not locked.

Closing the battery door will not push the memory card into place. The camera will not recognize a card in the camera unless it is fully inserted.

Try formatting the memory card on a computer card reader and the insert it in the camera and let me know if it writes data on it or not. Try to click few pictures and see if it gets saved on the sd card or not and then try to format it.

Let me know how old the camera.