Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have recovery mode on my epson XP-320 AND Can't get it

Customer Question

I have recovery mode on my epson XP-320 AND Can't get it off. How do I get rid of it so my printer works again?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

'Recovery Mode' in an Epson printer (or in some of them, at least) means that you should try doing a firmware update, to repair the firmware which is apparently having a self-sensed problem.

For your printer model, the Firmware update may be found here:

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=253768&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-32

- under the 'Firmware' part of the page, and only after you have selected the Windows (or MAC OS X) version that matches that of your computer, the computer that you will run the update program on and which the printer will be attached to with a USB cable.

There are no instructions available for me to cite for this model specifically, so I advise you to find the instructions for a firmware update in your printer's User Guide, and follow the guidelines there.

If you need further instructions, e.g. firmware update instructions for another model of vaguely similar Epson printer, let me know.