VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a lexmark S415. Display says I have printhead error

Customer Question

I have a lexmark S415. Display says I have printhead error 2, but i have no user's guide.
Can I fix this or does it make sense to get a new printhead? What is the cost for one?
Would it be best to buy a new printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with the resolution of this issue. Please follow the steps below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWcT0DrloYg

Sorry wrong video.

The correct solution is posted below:

Cleaning the printhead nozzles If you have not been using the printer for a long period, then you may need to clean the printhead nozzles to improve the quality of your prints. Keep your printer plugged to a properly grounded, working electrical outlet to allow it to perform automatic maintenance cycles. Notes: • Cleaning the printhead nozzles uses ink, so clean them only when necessary. • Deep cleaning uses more ink, so try the Clean Printhead option first to save ink. • If the ink levels are too low, you must replace the ink cartridges before you can clean the printhead nozzles. 1 Load paper. 2 From the printer control panel, navigate to: > Setup > OK > Maintenance > OK 3 Press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Clean Printhead or Deep Clean Printhead, and then press OK . A cleaning page prints.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your fast response. After consideration I've decided to buy a new printer. Thank you.

Ok, not an issue. Please consider a Positive rating for the Service Received...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rate my experience as good or 4 stars. Thank you. Be sure to use my email***@******.*** for correspondence.

Ok, you need only go to the JA Portal and you can rate me there Sir..