Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Samsung printer prints out color streaks on every page

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

What model Samsung is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung Xpress Color C460FW, CLP-365 Series,
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Those are 2 different models, which one is showing the problem? It should say the model on the machine itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xpress C460FW
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you can you send me a picture of what is happening or a scan? Are you using genuine Samsung toner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached a photo for example. The black ink works fine but when I print in color I get red horizontal streaks.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Are you using genuine Samsung toner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Samsung Xpress toner.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have you tried cleaning the machine yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the toner and cleaned them by hand, yes. I am not sure if there is a self clean. This printer is 2 months old and the ink worked just fine until 2 weeks ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a paper jam, I removed the paper jam and it seems to be streaking since then.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

There is no self clean on this machine. However after removing the toner you also want to clean the inside of the machine itself. Loose toner can get in the machine and cause this. You also want to clean the imaging unit as when it fails it can cause this problem. So we want to make sure it is clean.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned everything I could. :(
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Were any of the toner cartridges leaking? If you can't tell shake them side to side, if leaking some toner will fall out so I would do it over a cloth or a sink.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just cleaned out the inside and tried shaking the toner. Printed a test page and it still streaks.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not a good sign. How old is the printer? When is the last time you replaced the imaging unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is 2 months old.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok I would suggest returning it then if you can. If you can not let me know and I will give you a phone number to call as it should be covered under warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok;(
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news. Are you still able to return it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I just do not understand, it worked 2 weeks ago. Just frustrated.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I completely understand you are frustrated and unfortunately sometimes this happens that is why manufacturers have the initial warranties. I wish I could give you better news as I know this is not something I would want to hear either. Call 1(###) ###-####and this should be covered under your warranty. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.