Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My computer lost its connection to my brother mfc 869dw.

Customer Question

my computer lost its connection to my brother mfc 869dw. however 3 other computers in our office have not lost its connection to the printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it have windows 7 or 8 or 10?

Please try this:

- In Devices and Printers, right-click on the Brother printer and remove it for now

, make sure the printer is powered on

, then click on the Add a printer at the top, and select the network/wireless option if prompted

, then see if it detect your wireless Brother printer, then add it

, then check printing.

- If that does not work, go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center and if it shows Public network or Work network, then click on it, then click on Home network

, then wait a bit, then in Devices and Printers, click on Add a printer at the top, and select the network/wireless option if prompted, then see if it detect your wireless Brother printer, then add it, then check printing.

- If needed, disconnect the power cord from the internet modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect

, then turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on

- Also if the computer is wireless, make sure it is connected to the exact same wireless network name as with other computers.

Please let me know. Thank you.