Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My MG5300 CANON printer, which has worked like a charm -1/2

Customer Question

My MG5300 CANON printer, which has worked like a charm for 2-1/2 years w/ my iMac, after giving endless error messages a couple of days ago, no 'thinks' it should print from the rear tray. I have repeatedly turned the printer off+on again+again, and now there is no response at all. It just sits there+does nothing no matter how often the PRINT function is activated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

What's your Mac OS X version, i.e., 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try a possible fix below:

1. If the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, then disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then open Print & Scan... (or Print & Fax.)
  3. There, click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left, and delete it for now.
  4. Make sure the printer is powered on.
  5. If the printer was connected to the computer with a USB cable, then re-connect it.
  6. Click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, then it should detect the Canon printer, then add it.
  7. Then test printing a web page, a document, an email, and/or a picture file, etc.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.