MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a MFC-L-8850 CDW from Brother. Card stock paper was

Customer Question

I have a MFC-L-8850 CDW from Brother. Card stock paper was put thru the printer. Anyway it is embossing lines on regular paper now. Brother tells me that the fuser roller is most probably damaged.I have opened the back and with a flashlight can see that there are marks on the fuser roller. I have ordered the LY790100 fuser unit. Is this what I should replace or should I have just replaced the roller itself? The printer base about 20,000 copies so far. And how is the fuser unit installed? I am a mechanical person and with instruction I will be able to install it myself. I just need direction. I just need step by step guidance. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that.

The advice they gave is good. But, given your specific problem I would try replacing just the roller first as that might very well fix this. I have sen this many times be the issue and you looking at it confirmed that as well ;-)

I agree with you replace the roller only and likely that will solve this it really doesn't sound like the fuser lol.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael