Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a Brother MFC-9340CDW, Serial number U63481L3J346565,

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-9340CDW, Serial number U63481L3J346565, that seems to remember on the drum the information from the previous turn of the drum. This occurs on the left hand side in a strip about 2 inches wide. In addition, the paper in this area is wrinkled as if it has gotten wet and then dried leaving a rough surface. The reprint is lighter than the original print and seems to occur on the black drum, but I'm not sure of this. I replaced the black toner but not the drum to no avail. The printer says the drums have 92 percent remaining life. How about some help?
Nate Grimes ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

The software detection can not be relied on that is why drums print a line in the same spot every time to note they need to be replaced.

Otherwise people would constantly try to reset the counter even though it can damage the machine. From everything you have told me the drum needs to be replaced.

It can cause everything you are describing and the only other part that could cause the light prints would be the fuser if it was not heating properly.

If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Brother.