Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a brother printer purchased in 2009 which has ben

Customer Question

I have a brother printer purchased in 2009 which has ben working very well until after recognizing a mistake in a document being printed the HL-2140 instrument was turned off. After the paper jam was corrected the instrument will not print and the instrument states 7 documents remaining Correct error. What do I do to resume printing? Thank you. Paul Galbraith
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer to your question must depend upon what computer you have, a Windows PC or an Apple computer.

(The '7 documents remaining' is likely to reference print jobs or documents in the printer's queue.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have Windows 10
The box designating the Printer ( I also have a Cannon) " Print" etc states there are 7 documents to be printed
Below it states error for correction
No printing comes on order to print
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What status is listed in the box, as to the top-most, or first-listed, of those seven print jobs?

Scroll to the right in the box, if necessary, to see it.

What is the status of the lights and indicators on the printer itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife was copying an Agenda for a meeting she was chairing when she recognized an error and not being able to cancel the printing she turned the printer off. Consequently 7 copies did not get printed which the Computer is reporting.
There are no abnormal lights on with the printer per se.
The problem is that the printer is paralyzed and will not react to "Print"
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. If the 7 copies in the printer's queue are not precious and are superfluous, why not use the queue window functions and Cancel All of them?

Remove them from the printer's queue. Restart the computer for good measure. While it is restarting, turn the printer Off. Once the computer is started up again, and logged in again, turn the printer On again. Send normal print jobs.