Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an epson Photo Stylus R3000 that is leaving black ink

Customer Question

I have an epson Photo Stylus R3000 that is leaving black ink marks in vertical and horizontal lines all over the print. Sometimes one or two lines then multiple lines. I have run the clean head function several times without success. If I let it sit a few days the first couple of prints are ok then it begins the streaking again. I have been online and seen comments and pictures of this same issue for other users so I know it is not an unique problem to my printer but one that is occurring in the Epson R3000. I have tried some of the comments but without any success. Is there a waste tank I am suppose to empty from time to time. I have never done that and don't know if that exists on my R3000. Any suggestion is welcomed at this point. I am without printer at this time.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try printing nozzle check pattern, cleaning the printhead and aligning it by following the instructions in the link below.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=173163&prodoid=63090295&foid=181591

If the issue persists, try the following.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N