VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Happy Friday night! I have just received yesterday and

Customer Question

Hello - happy Friday night!
I have just received yesterday and uncrated today a DS-70000 [refurb'd] scanner from the Epson store. Am working in Epson Scan; pro mode. (Also have GT-S80 and 4990, so am familiar with Epson Scan).
Scans from the glass work fine.
ADF will not work. (ADF platen does not raise the job to feed). Removed and reseated ADF cable to scanner body. Cycled scanner power and restarted Epson Scan; same results (scanner scans from glass rather than actuating ADF.
Ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. I am sorry for the issue. I am here to assist in its resolution.

Just to be clear about this issue. This came out of the box with this error Sir or Madam?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition the Epson Scan software is not displaying an ADF option in the "Document Source" window. It would appear that the scanner is not talking to the ADF.

OK, Did you download the latest Software Drivers from the Web Site?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=212944&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-32

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same driver version; same results.

This came out of the BOX like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a factory refurb, bought from the Epson Store. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?UseCookie=no&sku=B11B204321-N

OK, please return it. There is an issue with it Sir or Madam as to the ADF not functioning right off. So return for an exchange or a refund.

Please note, when you have what is a bit of a Major issue right out of the box. It should go right back Straight Away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll ping Epson Support when they open tomorrow. I was just trying to eliminate any other known troubleshooting options before getting a RMA.

So sorry. But in this case RMA is the proper step.

Please consider a Positive Rating for the Service Received.