Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have hp photosmart b100a printer.It shows" incompatible

Customer Question

I have hp photosmart b100a printer.It shows " incompatible printhead" or is damaged. how can i do or repair?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom/message almost always point to an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to DIY first. IF doesnt work I have to get a new printer
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Great on the DIY!

If cleaning was not corrective and the printer is unable to detect the printhead as installed, then the printhead itself is damaged hence would require replacement.

Is your version 4 or 5 slot please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what do you mean . only see 4 colour ink. I think I might have to get a new printer.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes 4-ink slots.

New printer or consider print head replacement as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

Please evaluate:

• • refurbished printhead click HERE;
  • • or new pullout printhead HERE.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.