Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I HAD APAPER JAM. I REMOVED THE PAPER AND I NOW HAVE AN

Customer Question

I HAD APAPER JAM. I REMOVED THE PAPER AND I NOW HAVE AN ERROR CODE OXF1 I HAVE AN EPSON 3620. WHAT SHOULD I DO. IT IS VERY NEW ONLY A FEW WEEKS OLD
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The printhead (which moves to and fro inside the printer, across the sheet of paper, depositing ink upon it as it goes) is jammed or not moving for whatever reason.

Open the printer's top cover, as if you were replacing a cartridge, but don't take out nor put in any cartridges. Instead, in the interior of the printer, look for

paper

loose parts

scraps

debris

other objects

that might be obstructing the printer's carriage (which has the cartridges and the printhead in it) from moving to and fro.

Remove any objects or paper found loose inside the printer. Try again.

If the 0XF1 error won't clear from the printer's display, not even after it has been shut Off or over 10 minutes at a time and the interior inspected for obstructions, then unfortunately your new printer is defective.

If the return-exchange period has not expired, returning it to the store for an exchange for another equivalent printer of roughly equal value and equal capabilities (if not for another of the same model that is fully working) is the right thing to do.

If the return-exchange period with your vendor or store that you bought the printer from, has already expired, then your printer is still covered by the maker (Epson)'s 1-year warranty. Epson should be contacted in that case, and a warranty repair claim put in on the printer.