Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I'm having trouble with my printer.

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with my printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer.

what is the problem you are facing with the printer please explain a bit more in detail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as I turn it on, the entire screen flashes, and shows a message that says, "A printer error has occurred. Turn power off and then on again. For details, see your documentation or Epson.com"
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you get any error code on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

is this a touch screen model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Are there any lights blinking on the printer and if so, what color and are they steady, flashing, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the "buttons" on the touch screen are flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it's taking me forever to respond, I'm at work
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

not a problem take your time.

I would like to update you that whenever we get a "printer error has occured" and that too without any error code in that case most of the time its the hardware fault inside the printer however we can try few steps and if the error is not triggerred from any hardware inside then we can try few steps and that should take care and if the error persists then it will need a repair.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Check if the touchscreen is working or not and it its working follow the steps given.

Press Home and select Setup.
Select Restore Default Settings. Select Reset All except Network & Fax Settings.

Once that has been done, please unplug the printer from the outlet and wait about 5 minutes. Plug it in and see if the error continue to occur.

Also, do you have the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet or into a power strip/surge protector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of the touchscreen is working. I can't press anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll unplug it, and see if that works
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open the cover and try to remove the cartridges and then close the cover and unplug the cables usb and power.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Wait for 2 minutes, plug back in and wait to see what error message occurs you must get different error not cartridges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ink cartridges?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same error shows up, and when I turn on the printer, it makes a clanking sound
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

when you turn on the printer and the ink cartrides are not installed and you get the same error correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to say but its hard to take this as a bad new but the printer has a hardware fault it could be the main logic board or the electronic attached to the logic board. The printer need a service center visit. If the printer is under warranty you can get it fixed if not check the repair cost and i would suggest you a new printer if the repair cost is high.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
crap ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please do provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit for the time and effort we spent on troubleshooting however in hardware faults we can only identify the logic and it gets only fixed when its taken to the service center for repair. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.