Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

MG 5620 Set up Using Apple Extreme Airport and access

Customer Question

MG 5620 Set up
Using Apple Extreme Airport and access points, printer locates the wireless network then ask me for a paraphrase then says failure to connect to access point.
check selected access point is correct
check that paraphrase is correct
Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please be informed that the passphrase is case sensitive. make sure that you entering it properly.

Make sure that you are using the same wireless network on both the computer and the printer.

Do you have a printer USB cable with you?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but want the printer to be set up as wireless
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you setup wireless using USB cable.

Can I access your computer remotely and help you resolve the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

If you have the printer driver disc, install the printer using USB cable.

After installing it properly using USB cable, change the connection from USB to wireless by following the instructions in the link below. The below link listed instructions for both and Mac OS X.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=68005

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N