John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

MP 470 How can I avoid using my color ink--I just want black

Customer Question

MP 470 How can I avoid using my color ink--I just want black and white setting..My light under color is on?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The machine will not work with an empty color cartridge it will need to be replaced. The machines uses a small amount of color even when printing black to darken and lighten prints. To get it to use as little color as possible you need to tell it to print in grey scale. If you let me know what version of windows or mac you are using I can explain how to do that.