John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon MG6200 printer that has been acting up

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG6200 printer that has been acting up lately. Today, I've tried printing a copy of an e-mail (which didn't print), then tried copying and pasting the text from that e-mail, into Microsoft word, and printing from there, which also didn't work. Please let me know if this is a super old printer, and if I should just purchase a new one, or if there is some software that I need, in order to update it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please try making a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not used at all, let me know if that comes out blank or not.