Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I was printing pictures and the first thing that happened

Customer Question

I was printing pictures and the first thing that happened was it would just spit out paper with no print on it. I let it sit until the next day and it worked just fine. Last night I started printing and it worked fine for about 6 pictures and then it started to spit out pictures and the ink was all wet and blurry. Any answers?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon MX922
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a novice at this computer stuff so you will have to be paitant.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning.

Let me know how the built in cleaning works first, and I'll advise further if necessary.