Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a canon MX926 printer and it is showing Support Code

Customer Question

I have a canon MX926 printer and it is showing Support Code 6000 - printer error has occurred. I have switched the printer off and off from the power source and then put the printer back on and still get the same message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This error code/number is ***** to a line feed error, which nearly always means a hardware failure (faulty encoder sensor/motor) in the feed path.

In rare cases, it can be caused by a paper jam though.

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If no change, it would confirm a hardware fault which would ultimately require repairs to correct.

As a 2013 model, it is at/past its 3 year service life, and wouldn't be worth repairing at this point - you'd be in the $200+ range for repairs, while you can buy a brand new and updated machine with a fresh warranty for about $80.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,