I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:
1. Disconnect the scanner from the computer for now.
2. Go to Apple logo / menu, then System Preferences, then Printers & Scanners, and then click on your Epson scanner, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left and delete the scanner for now.
3. Go to Finder -> Applications, and trash any Epson / scanner item if it's there.
4. Click on the Epson website below:
5. There, download and install the item "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility"
6. Turn on scanner, then plug it to the computer.
7. Check scanning.
(If needed, make sure printer is powered on, then connect it to the computer, then go to System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners, then click on the + (plus) button to add your scanner, then check scanning.)
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.