John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just purchased Canon Pixma MX922 -- Trying to set up

Customer Question

Just purchased Canon Pixma MX922 -- Trying to set up wireless operation -- It tells me to press & hold the WPS on the access point. What is WPS and where is the access point?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a network security standard that allow users to easily secure a wireless home network, and connect wireless client devices (iPads, smart phones, etc.) to it, without accessing the router configuration screens, and without the wireless network security key/passphrase/password

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

wps key is a button found on router and printer devices, however its not found on old model routers so you dont have to worry about it.

To connect the printer on wifi simple follow the steps as you insert the printer cd and install the printer driver on your computer you will get the option to install it on usb or wifi select wifi and complete the installation.