John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One printer. I changed

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One printer. I changed the inkjet cartridge (black) when I got a notice on the panel that it was out of ink. After I replaced the cartridge and went through the steps, I got to the final step that says to put the alignment sheet that I had printed face down on the scanner and press OK. After I did that, I kept getting the message on the panel, "Please wait. Aligning cartridges." I kept getting that same message for about three minutes and I kept getting that message until I turned off the printer. Usually after I get the message about three times, I get the final message, "OK. Alignment completed."
I never had this trouble before. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of this issue but I am here to assist in its resolution. I have a procedure to try, please follow the instructions below.

Reset the printer

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 45 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not fix the problem . I still get the same message, "Aligning cartridges. Please wait," and that message is still running. Until I get the message, "OK. cartridges aligned," I can't use the printer.

Ok, what I want you to do is to follow the directions from HP for your printer. Please follow the link below:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00726626

Chime in and let me know of your results...

Did you call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer did not solve my problem. I did go to the HP tech support and they suggested buying a new printer since they had no repair services. I see by my credit card that you charged me $47 for not being able to help me. I was under the impression that unless you fixed the problem, you did no charge for it. Well, live and learn.

I am sorry as I did not charge your card as this is Just Answer not VanMagnus Systems. So none of the steps worked for you? What would you like for me to do for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the HP support system that you suggested, but I had already done all those things they recommended. I went to another HP website, and they told me to buy a new printer.