Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

SIR, WHERE CAN I GET SERIAL PORT LQ680 DOT MATRIC PRINTER.

Customer Question

SIR, WHERE CAN I GET SERIAL PORT FOR EPSON LQ680 DOT MATRIC PRINTER.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

you can order the cable from the link given below. let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epson-TMT88-Serial-Printer-Cable-M-129A-M-129B-M129-C-M-129-H-TM-T88-NEW-/151855400143

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.
This is just a cable which is available in the market.
Our requirement is Serial Port Card for Epson LQ 680 Printer. This will fixed in the printer itself.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you didnt mention that you need a serial port pci card let me look for one and i will give you the link.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating

by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively

Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's called Serial Interface Card.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes, i have given you the link for the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has 25-pin
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you would need the 9 pin serial connector and the serial interface card. to make the printer work the cable has a 25 pin D type connector.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

and you need the serail cable to connect it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part # ***** on the manual is C824431 and C824432
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your answers.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry but you are providing me the part number which is the interface card for the printer internal parts

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&sku=a0157558

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will open the question to other experts for there input. I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the full amount has been deducted from my card. $5 + $18
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking to put a port on the printer itself or on the computer?

can you tell me your exact situation as in what ports are on the printer and what ports are on the computer and why you need that particular printer to work on that computer? It is a very old printer and most modern computers have no way to interface with it easily.

You would probably be better off with a parellel port on the computer if it is a desktop and that would hook up to the parallel port on the printer those are cheaper and work a lot easier.

But i seem to recall that printer might have come with either or both ports. And it would also depend on what software you are using whether it will even work either way.

I have been working in this business since we used to use those printers. It is a letter quality dot matrix. I cant really think of a good use for it these days. the tractor feed on it wasnt great. the print speed and quality poor.

you can get faster more heavy duty printers for tractor fed forms. you can get faster better quality printers for quality.

If you would like to pay a bit more i can get you my phone number and we can discuss why you need it and all of your options to either set it up so it works for what you want or how to work with a different printer. I can tell you your easiest and cheapest option to get your desired result in the end.