littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

Is there a way to upload from an SD drive plugged into the

Customer Question

Is there a way to upload from an SD drive plugged into the Canon Selphy printer to my computer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. This is not a usual request, but let's take a look. If we cannot transfer the files this way, I have another way. Are you using Windows or Mac on your computer? Which version?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10

Ok, open File Explorer, and look at the left pane. Insert the SD card into the printer. Do you see any change within 10 seconds in the left pane of File Explorer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No changes

Ok, that's not a functionality of these printers, I just wanted to double check. So, the answer is no, you cannot do that. However there is a simple solution, click here. This is compatible with Windows 8, so it's also compatible with Windows 10. That plugs into your USB port, and it will allow you to transfer the contents of the card to your computer. This is the Windows 10 work-around.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will do something else.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Windows 10 isn't yet friendly with other electronics, so you will find incompatibilities along the way if you're not careful. The card reader is the most cost effective way to go. If you would like for me to check for a driver, tell me the model number of your camera.