Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do you print documents to 8.5X11

Customer Question

How do you print documents to 8.5X11
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Select that, in the printing settings in your application, as the Paper Size

Also select that, in the printer's driver settings, as the Paper Source or Paper Size or both.

And, load that size of paper into a tray in your printer.

(For instructions in greater detail, tell me what you have already done, and also what sort of computer you have, a Windows PC, or an Apple computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DON'T YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT MAKE/MODEL PRINTER I'M TALKING ABOUT???IT'S A CANON MX922, AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO PRINT (the paper size is irrelevant, just to illustrate the typical situation.Let's say I'm online and I'm looking at a 3 page document (or a one page map, etc.) and I want to print the document, or any similar document. Why can't I just print right to the typical paper size? I have never gotten this printer to just print like any other printer I've owned. It's
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Fit-To-Page is a setting that can help with fitting a printout to a given size of blank paper stock.

If you are printing from a web page, brought up to view in a web browser program (like Internet Explorer), be warned that they are not usually made for printing, so printouts from a browser program may come out any-which-ways.

Though I do know the printer you are using, it helps to know what computer it is being printed to, since the printing settings can be quite different in many details, from one type of computer to the next.

(I regret that I cannot provide Live Phone Call service at this time.)