John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My PictureMate has the error code about jammed paper, but

Customer Question

My PictureMate has the error code about jammed paper, but there is not a jam. I have unplugged it and gone through the manual, but cannot fix it. Any ideas?
Jeff
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the model number of your machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
b2718
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

When this started was there originally a paper jam you removed? How old is the machine? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got the machine in January. The power was turned off at the plug while it was printing a picture.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

If you got it less than a year ago you should still be under warranty so that is good. Please hold down the OK button on the machine for about 10 seconds. Let me know if anything changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Please turn it off and unplug it.

Wait 60 seconds.

Then once again hold down the OK button as you are plugging it in.