swmcdonnell
swmcdonnell, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Steve has many years of experience in software development.
47680681

I have a Canon MP240. My computer recently crashed and now

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP240. My computer recently crashed and now when I hook up my laptop to my printer I get a message that it can't read it and it's not compatible. Please help. Maybe I need a disc to reinstall it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your printer problem. I also have a Canon MP240 and have experienced the same problem. Here's what you need to do:

1. Navigate here to go to the product page for the printer on the Canon site.

2. Select Drivers and Software from the list of options in the box.

3. Click the file with the plus sign next to it. It's below "File Description" under the red "Recommended Downloads" bar. The system automatically detects the right kind of driver to download for your computer.

4. Click the box that you've read and agree to the terms and wish to download the file.

5. Click the red Download box.

6. Save the file to a location on your hard disk. If you're prompted to Run or Save, choose Run.

7. Open the file you just downloaded. The easiest way to do that depends on what browser you're using. If you have Internet Explorer, it will start automatically if you selected "Run." If you have Chrome, the file is listed in the lower left corner of the browser. Click it and choose Open.

8. Select Yes to run the program as an Administrator.

9. Choose your place of residence and click Next.

10. Select Yes to accept the license agreement.

11. When instructed, make sure the printer is connected to the computer and select Complete.

You should be good to do. If you have trouble or it doesn't solve your problem, please chat me back and we'll figure it out.

Steve M.

Hi there. I was just following up with you to see if the solution worked and your problem is solved? Please let me know if you need more information or provide a rating if my instructions solved your issue.