Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Is there a pribter driver D530 8.1? If not why not? I sthere

Customer Question

is there a pribter driver for Canon D530 for windows 8.1? If not why not? I sthere one for windows 10?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Go to this page and scroll down below the image of your machine:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/black_white_laser_multifunction/imageclass_d530#DriversAndSoftware

Under recommended downloads it should have a MF driver that will work for your machine.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've installed this before. Doesn't work.Take a look under the "drivers" sectionThere is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

What did you install? You just said when you looked it said there were no downloads.....

It will not show there. It will be under recommended downloads and will be called MF driver as I just mentioned.

The file name should be D560_D530_MFDrivers_W32_us_EN_3 is that what you installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've installed D560_D530_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_3.exe because it seems I have a windows 8.1 64-bit install. Doesn't work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe the D560_D530_MFDrivers_W32_us_EN_3 as you suggest is the right solution. I'll try that. The only reason I chose the 64 is that the site suggested I use the 64.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That should not matter yours has a W64 instead of W32 because you have 64bit.

Open the control panel and go into devices and printers.

Click on add a printer, it will say it cannot find one ignore that and click the option to add from a list/manually.

Choose local and if it asks for a port do not choose LPT1 choose usb001 virtual printer port instead.

Click on the windows update button and wait for the list to update.

Now on the left click on Canon then on the right choose your machine.

It may say D500 series instead of the whole model number that is still the correct driver.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The one you used was correct, please try what I just sent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under Canon there is no "ImageClass" section they haveInkJet
iR
LBPetc. but no imageclass. Is this strange?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Did you use windows update first? It also may not be under imageclass, sometimes the list will have some models with just the model number and not the family of machine they are in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this apply? Seems like others have a similar problem?http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/please-help-windows-81-is-not-compatible-with/dca89295-8919-43f2-9430-cfe608e8a5fb?auth=1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using windows update
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure which part you mean, if you mean the 3.0 ports they are backwards compatible so it should still work.

If you mean compatibility mode you can lose some functionality that way but it is possible and what I would try if what we are testing now does not work.

To test it download the installer and save it to your desktop.

Then right click on the file and click on properties.

In the window that opens click on the compatibility tab.

Click the run in compatibility mode box and choose windows 7.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I certainly do not want to "lose functionality" If I have to do that then I guess the answer to my question "is there a pribter driver for Canon D530 for windows 8.1" is a definite false. If you feel that there is no driver let me know.Anyway, "ImageClass" is not showing up in the printer list but not my printer. It has ImageClass 2200 for example but not imageclass D530 or any number close to that. The numbers are all in the thousands. Did I do anything wrong?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It means you would lose things like the Canon toolbox you would still be able to print just like you did before. If you never used the toolbox you will not notice. Does it show and image class D series or anything like that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q: Does it show and image class D series or anything like that?
A: NoAre you saying that if I run The installer in some kind of "compatibility mode" then this may all work? If I do this will operation be seamless? What I don't want to do is have to switch between compatibility modes to print things. I'd like it to "just work."
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It will just work. The things that will not work in compatibility mode are the toolbox and not always but sometimes things like checking the ink levels. Printing will work the same way it does on any other computer. Please try it and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I did the following:1. ) To test it download the installer and save it to your desktop.
2. ) Then right click on the file and click on properties.
3.) In the window that opens click on the compatibility tab.
4.) Click the run in compatibility mode box and choose windows 7.
5.) Then I installed it.Should I reboot? It still doesn't work. When I go to control panel and look at status for that printer it says that "driver is unavailable."
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

If the printer is there the driver should be available if not here in the add printer wizard. Also yes if you have not restarted please do, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and looking under my questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck after reboot. Any ideas?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Did you try the add printer wizard again now that you ran the installer in compatibility mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you mean the "Add a printer" in the control panel this doesn't work because my specific printer does not show up in the list.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

After that I would be out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts in case anyone else has an idea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you find out if Windows 10 has a driver for this printer?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can provide you with additional assistance.

You can find out if there is a driver built into Windows 10 for the printer by making the following adjustment – when you go through the add printer Wizard and you get to the list of printer drivers that you can install, click on the button that says Windows update. It usually takes several minutes to run the update but then it should give you a complete current list of printers. If the printer doesn't show up there and it is not supported under Windows 10.